You have no items in your cart.
J40 Farm Crawl Saturday, July 25, 2015
Join us for the J40 Farm Crawl Saturday, July 25, 2015
A day filled with food, farm tours, wagon rides, local artist, history, wine tasting, hand crafted furniture, live music and so much fun for the whole family!
Start the day off with a delicious home cooked breakfast at the Amish School, than wander down the road to explore the 9 different participating farms, businesses, and museum along the route.
- At Pittsburg General Store you will meet and observe artist Bob Norman, Iowa’s only formally train oil painting conservator.
- At Bloom and Bark Farm you can explore our gardens and greenhouses, see how a hand-crafted clay oven bakes delicious artisan breads, sample fresh produce and bread with a cold glass of mint water. Tour our new Glass Blowing Studio and watch demonstrations by artist Jim Topic. Then check out the progress we have made with our hand built Hobbit House. Live music from 2pm-4pm by the Fairtown Ramblers.
- The Village Folks School will be set up on Bloom and Bark Farm with several artists on hand demonstrating and selling their art. Along with providing information about their classes.
- Crane Winery will be tasting their delicious sweet wines and Dang Dag BBQ will be sampling their amazing sauce both a Bloom and Bark Farm.
- At Lengacher’s Greenhouse horse-drawn wagon rides will take you through out their farm, where you will see bounties of beautiful mums and fresh produce.
- Amish School will be serving a delicious homemade breakfast complete with biscuits & gravy and pancakes and sausage. Free will donations will be accepted.
- Yoder’s Indian Creek Furniture will have their show room full of beautiful hand-crafted hardwood furniture along with discounts on poly furniture. In addition to all the eye catching beauty, your taste buds will be enticed with free homemade ice cream.
- The Troy Academy, the first institution of higher education west of the Mississippi, will be open for guided tours.
- Milton Creamery will be open all day sampling their award winning cheese made from the milk of local Amish farms.
The J40 Farm Crawl is a fabulous opportunity to share summer family fun along Iowa’s Historic Hills Scenic Byway and celebrate the rural local businesses and farms that add vibrancy to the Iowa landscape.
Download a complete brochure with a map here: