You have no items in your cart.
Glass Blowing Classes
Beginner Instructional Class: $25 per hour – per student, class generally will last 2-3 hours. Maximum of 2 students per class. Try your hand at hot glassblowing. Turn molten glass on a pipe and use tools, heat, gravity, and air pressure to transform it into your own work of art. In this class you’ll get familiar with the Studio equipment and tools. You may take home everything you create.***
Ornament Making: $20 per ornament which generally takes 20-30 minutes per ornament. Maximum of 6 students per class. In this class we will help you create your own ornament to take home.***
- Additional ornaments can be made for only $15 each!
***All items are made with clear glass – no color. Items will require a 24 hour cool down period before you can take them home. You may stop out the next day to pick up your creations or we will ship them to you.
- Must be 12 years (must be accompanied by adult if under age 18)
- Comfortable cotton clothing – do not wear excessively loose and bagging clothing.
- Long Shorts (to knee) may be worn for the Ornament Making Class.
- Pants must be worn for the Beginner Instructional Class.
- Closed-toe shoes (sneakers are fine)
- Hair must be tied back
- It does get warm in the glass studio, so wearing layers is always a good choice
Call or email to schedule an appointment. Glass blowing opportunities are available Thursday – Sunday by appointment only.
- The Glass Shed (aka studio (for Kim)) is OPEN!!!
Well, it seems I have been a bit delinquent in posting about my glass blowing habit. It all started over a year ago, when I took classes with Jim Topic, a wonderful glass blower (gaffer in glass speak) in Nauvoo. Rick Alexander, a good friend of mine, went with. The draw was instantaneous. Working with […]