Join us for the 11th Annual J40 Farm Crawl Saturday, August 10, 2019
A day filled with food, farm tours, horse drawn wagon rides, local artists, history, wine tasting, hand crafted furniture, glass blowing, petting zoo, and so much fun for the whole family!
Start the day off with a delicious home cooked breakfast at the Amish School, than wander down the road to explore the 6 different participating farms, businesses, and museum along the route.
Here at Bloom and Bark Farm you can explore our gardens and greenhouses, see how a hand-crafted clay oven bakes delicious artisan breads, sample fresh produce and bread with a cold glass of mint water.
Tour our Glass Blowing Studio and watch demonstrations by glass artists Tim Blair, Jim Topic, Ian Anderson and Tristan Edmund.
Explore our new Local Artisan Market featuring the work of several local artists.
The Galvinators will be helping us celebrate the day with Live Music from 1-3pm here on the farm!
All of these great Business will be set up here at Bloom and Bark Farm.
- The Villages Folk School will be set with several artists on hand demonstrating and selling their art. Join artist Pat Crawford as she teaches how to fuse nature on to cloth.
- Crane Winery will be sampling their delicious sweet wines.
- Hershey’s Honey will be set up and selling all the good stuff their bees produce.
- Sonja Hoie will have yarn and textiles for sale, created from her flock of Icelandic Sheep which graze on the Thomas Home Farm.
- Douglas Blackwolf is one of our amazing local blacksmiths. He will be set up and demonstrating this ancient art. He will also have some of his forged pieces available for sale.
- Van Buren Art Club will be grilling hotdogs and brats with all the fix’ins. They will also have a delightful display of their art.
- Fairfield Girls Swim Team will be serving up freshly spun cotton candy.
- We also have several others great things in the works – so stay tuned for updates!
You will also have the opportunity to explore all these amazing businesses and farms just down the road:
- Lengacher’s Greenhouse & Variety Store: Explore the gardens, greenhouses and variety store and take a ride on a horse drawn wagon.
- Yoder’s Indian Creek Furniture: Along with all the finely crafted furniture they will have a petting zoo and free homemade ice cream.
- Troy Academy: Explore the amazing history of this beautifully preserved structure.
- Milton Creamery: Cheese! And not just any cheese, worldwide award winning cheese! Come sample, enjoy!
The J40 Farm Crawl is a fabulous opportunity to share summer family fun along Iowa’s Historic Hills Scenic Byway and celebrate the rural local businesses and farms that add vibrancy to the Iowa landscape.
Visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/J40FarmCrawl/